Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finishing my life in Germany

Well as I have been incredibly MIA in regards to my blog for quite some time, I am just going to give you all a summary from the past 9 months starting right before I had my back surgery in Germany up until now.

End time in Germany:
I took a trip to Florence, Italy with two friends, Yumiko and Elizabeth,  in February.  I spent more on gelato (amazing Italian ice cream that I ate four times in 2 days for a total of 24 euros) than I did for the plane ticket (20 euros round-trip on a cheap European airline).  My mom flew over to Europe a week and a half before my back surgery, and during her 18 days in Europe we were able to see Brussels, Belgium; Delft, Amsterdam, Holland; Paris, France; Luxembourg City, Remich, Luxembourg; and Trier, Saarlouis, Germany. We had an amazing time and it was such a wonderful first experience of Europe for mom! I had my back surgery on March 23, 2010, and my mom stayed for a week after surgery to help while I recovered. My team, the Saarlouis Royals, ended up winning the German Cup, German league and taking 4th in the Eurocup with an overall record of 37-11. It was a great season and I was so happy that I was a part of it and able to stay for the second half of the season even when I was injured.  In May, I took a quick trip to Agadir and Marrakech, Morocco, with 3 good friends, Elizabeth, Marcus and Fletcher. I was supposed to meet up with my sister (who was supposed to be there for the National Guard) but her flight was delayed due to the volcano eruption ash in Iceland. I ended my time in Saarlouis with a team banquet and said my goodbyes and flew back to the USA on May 19th.



Mom and I on the Fat Tire Bike Tour in Paris, France!!!






Saarlouis Royal 2010 German League Champs!!!!






Fletcher, Elizabeth, Marcus and I in Agidir, Morocco in May!!!




No comments: