Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Road Trippin' & Meetin' the Pres!!!!

In the last week of June, one of my best friends, Elizabeth, flew in from Europe, checked out life on the farm, helped me with my bball camp, and  then we headed out July 5th in my car with 2 bikes hitched on the back.  During 24 days in July, we headed east on a road trip that covered over 5,500 miles, including 21 states mostly in the upper east coast and through a small part of Canada! We biked through major cities like NYC, DC, Philly, Indianapolis, Niagara Falls, stayed with old friends, worked out, enjoyed the beautiful scenery, had bible studies, rocked out on my guitar and even ran into President Barack Obama while on a hike in Bar Harbor, Maine! It was quite a surprise and honor and even got in the local newspaper and TV in Maine!!!!!  It was definitely a trip of a lifetime with lots of memories, photos and great times!
Meeting President Obama!


Sandora, EJ & I with Empire State Building!!!
Me  and my amazing bike Bubble Pond in Maine!
Elizabeth & ! celebrating meeting Obama with Lobster in Maine!



My cousin Erik, Elizabeth & I in DC!


Brooklyn Bridge

No comments: