Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Summer 2010!!!!

Welcome Matt MacDonald and his two boys Shawn & Jayson to the Wilkins/Ahlborg Family















Once I got home I hit the ground running with physical therapy as I began running in June, jumping in July ,and playing in August. I was busy planning and attending wedding events for my sister, and doing basketball lessons and camps. I threw a fun-filled, all-girls, bachelorette party for my sister and then enjoyed a week of chaos and running around to help her with the wedding which was June 5th. It was an awesome weekend of a typical country wedding at a beautiful victorian house near Arlington. We celebrated the official unity of   sister and Matt MacDonald and welcomed Matt and his two boys into the family. After the wedding hype slowed down, my basketball lessons took off and I had my first ever Brittany Wilkins inside out basketball camp. It was a quite small, but a fun group and I enjoyed sharing my joy for the game with some hard working young ladies from the Omaha area.  In August, I went tubing down the Niobrara river with my family then onward to Estes park, CO for the 2010 Wilkins family reunion! I also was able to meet up with Ada and spend some much needed quality time with her too:) In August after all my traveling, I made it home in time for the annual tractor pull at the Washington County Fair with my JD 630 (got 3rd out of 7 in my weight class), spent time with family in Nebraska and was asked to stand up in a wedding in Iowa for a former Iowa State teammate Nicky Wieben. It was an honor to be a part of and also great to see old college friends while also staying with my “College Parents”, Deb and Jerry for a few days in Des Moines.
Inside Out Basketball Camp!
Brianne and I at her wedding!
The Four B's all cleaned up and looking sharp!

No comments: