Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am the luckiest Aunt ever!!







Hello hello canims!! (canim means like friend or darling) everyone says it here.

Well as you all know my little nephew was born almost two weeks ago
and wanted to pass on some pictures I got of him! I guess he has been
sleeping very well and being a great baby. Brodie, his big brother,
has been following my sister-in-law and brother everywhere they go
with Gradi. He loves to watch Gradi be fed, get his diaper changed,
and just watch over their shoulders. Here are a few pictures of him
at the hospital and with the kids.

As far as basketball goes, we only have one game left and then our
season is finished. We didn't have enough wins to get into playoffs
so after March 21st we are done. But we had a game this weekend
against, Samsun, the #2 team in the Turkish league. My team and
everyone has been pretty unmotivated, just knowing that we only have a
few games left and are officially out of playoffs. So anyway, we
ended up playing a great game and we won!! I couldn't believe it! We
even had our American point guard that wasn't feeling well, one of our
best Turkish players sick, and Marcedes, Angela, another Turkish
player and I all in foul trouble and somehow we ended up winning!!!
So that was nice to finally win and we had fun. So we don't play our
last game until the 21st, so our coach gave us a few days off.
Usually on my days off, which we don't get to often, I try and travel
or plan a trip somewhere. Well I have been quite tired recently and
after my fun weekend in Greece I thought I needed a few days to
recuperate. So the last few days I have been watching movies, going
to coffee shops, reading the paper, playing guitar and just relaxing
here in Adana. It has been nice.

So I got a message from my brother yesterday on facebook that was
rather interesting. He is in the Air National guard and is in Germany
right now, doing fly in-fly outs into Afghanistan for 2 weeks. Every
30 hours they fly into Afghanistan to pick up injured soldiers and
take them back to Ramstein Base in Germany. So apparently they were
flying back to Germany when a cockpit window shattered in their plane
about 2 hours out of Afghanistan. They were going to do an emergency
landing here in Adana at the US Air Force Base, Incirlik, but decided
to keep going and try to make it to Germany. Ben said he was voting to
land in Turkey so he could see me but the rest of the crew wanted to
keep going!! So I almost got to see my brother yesterday!!!!! That
would have been fun, but I am just glad he is safe. He is heading
back to the US today I think.

I am starting to plan out my traveling after the season, as of right
now my first trip will be to Istanbul to meet up with some high school
friends for a few days then we are flying to Dubai (in the country
United Arab Emirates) to hang out with another high school friend that
lives there!!! Then after that I am flying to..................i will
let you all know in the next email!! I love to get the anticipation
level up!

Well enjoy the pictures!! I am off to a coffee shop to meet with one
of my American friends here!!!

Love and miss you all!

Britt<><

Greece was amazing!!!! I had a wonderful time and I made all my
flights!! More on that in the next email.

No comments: