Monday, June 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home!








Hey Hey everyone!

Happy month of June! I wanted to let you all know that status of my life and where in the world I am these days. I am back in Good Ole' Nebraska! I flew home from Istanbul, Turkey on April 29th after completing my season playing with Adana Botas in Adana, Turkey. Well according to my emails, I am lost somewhere between the countries of Jordan and Egypt. Bear with me, I still have lots to share from Egypt, Spain, Portugal and Turkey travels! My emails, well as you know I like to include details and pictures, and I am currently organizing my pictures and should get the rest of my 4 1/2 week backpacking adventure stories and blog out soon!

This summer I was unable to get on board with a WNBA team, which has allowed me some time to spend with my family, friends and just slow down here at home, which I never seem to be able to do! I recently started teaching basketball clinics and doing some public speaking at local high school camps in the Arlington and Omaha area. That has been a lot of fun and rewarding getting to talk to young women athletes who are working hard and trying to get better at basketball and life. I am also teaching private basketball lessons to kids/jr high/high school ages. I really enjoyed doing that in college and in Sacramento and am happy to give back to the community and see young kids develop and grow.

My family seems to be happy that I am around and I enjoying spending time with them. During the last few weeks, my brothers, dad and I remodeled my Grandpa's bathroom, we have been doing lots of projects around the farm, went to a few former teammates weddings, and I have also got to spend a lot of time with my nieces and nephews. My sister in law Kiley and my brother Ben, had their first baby, about 3 weeks ago on May 16th. Nathan Benjamin Wilkins was born and is growing and a healthy little tike. Kiley did great with the whole birth and is proud to be back under her pregnancy weight.

So now I have 4 nephews and 1 niece that I get to watch Disney movies with, jump on the trampoline, and play games with :) I love it ! On the day that Nathan was born it was the day we celebrated my Grandpa's 92nd birthday! How lucky am I getting a new born baby nephew and celebrating my grandpas last 92 years of his life all in the same day!

Congrats to one of my good friends Lisa (Kriener) Bishop and her husband Andy had a little boy about 2 weeks ago, Elliot Alexander Bishop and they call him Zander. Also another one of my good friends, Stef and Paul Spangler had a baby boy a few weeks back and named him Collin James Spangler. There are just little boys being born all over these days!! Congratulations to you guys!

My mom is good and just had her birthday this week, my dad is happy to have all the crops in the ground and growing, my sister is coming home from Utah at the end of June for 10 days!! My brothers and sister in laws are all busy with kids, summer projects, and softballs/T-ball games and my grandpa seems to be doing well toodling around the farm in his golf cart :)

I am excited to be home and enjoying the time away from team bball, while still working out and staying in shape, swimming, biking, doing my own bball workouts, took up pilates, and I forgot to mention laying in my hammock and watching the sunset!!! I have seen quite a few sunsets in my day and none can compare to Nebraska sunsets :)

Well, that is the latest on my life, here are some pictures since I have been home. Like I said, I will get some detailed stories from my last 4 couuntries I was in as soon as I get a chance!

Hope you are all happy and healthy!!!

Love, Britt

Brittany Wilkins <><
bwilkins51.blogspot.com
bwilkins51@gmail.com

~I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future ~

Pictures:
1. Riley, Kobe, Brodie and Gradi hanging out in the hammock one night while I was babysitting.
2. Beautiful sunset in Nebraska
3. Baby Nathan
4. Me and the girls from the Arlington Basketball Camp that I helped run.
5. My brother being a proud Daddy with Nathan.
6. Me and Nathan.
7. Me and my cousins at celebrating my Grandpas 92nd birthday.

No comments: