Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back in Turkey again :)






Well after a grrrrrrrreat time at home for the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was able to get a contract in of all the places I really didnt want to go, but yes Turkey. The Lord just keeps putting it back in my path and this time I was really trusting Him and hoping that it would go better than the last time. The team is named Botas Spor and is located in Adana, Turkey which is about an hour from the Mediterranean Sea and an hour from the Tarsus Mountains. I got here on December 27th and it has been good so far, lots of stories already. We played our first game last week against a team called Ceyhun and won. It was really exciting and a huge game for us. I played like 7 minutes and it was good, but I am still getting comfortable with the team and plays and such. Our next game is in Tarsus on Saturday. Tarsus is the home of the Apostle Paul from in the bible so I am hoping to go there one day to sight see and such. But wanted to post something quick so you all know where I am these days and what I am up too. Here are a few pictures from New Years Eve. We hung out at our coaches house for the night and played Tombala, its like Bingo. It was interesting playing in Turkish!!! They also like the concept of the christmas trees and giving gifts but dont celebrate the real meaning of christmas. So there was a tree up in his house and day after I got here one of my teammates, Gulsah, got me a gift the day after i met her. Anyway, hope you all enjoy so far. The most that I am standing by is the biggest mosque in Turkey. It was amazing!!!!

Well i will write more later, love and miss you all!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hey, Brit! Somehow I stumbled across your blog this week...how exciting you are in Turkey, but what's up, I thought we were going to hang out over Christmas sometime!?!?! :) I actually saw you at Esmerelda, but we had to jet right afterwards to get Audrey to bed so I didn't get a chance to say 'hi.' :( Keep in touch!!