Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Christmas 2010 in Nebraska!!

Christmas:
As I said before, I was supposed to fly out December 20th for home.  However,  due to the weather, my flights were cancelled twice and wasn’t supposed to leave til Dec. 24th.  I was persistent and called the airline about every 3 hours to see if there were any cancellations and as I was headed to bed around 11:30 that night of the 22nd, I thought, I will try one more time.  So I did, and the lady was like, “I can get you a flight at 10:30am tomorrow morning,  do you want it?”  My eyes teared up and seriously was the best gift I got for Christmas.  When I reached the States on December 23rd, I was exhausted but thankful to be in Nebraska.  It was nice to celebrate Christmas Eve with my Dad and Grandpa, Christmas day with my Dad, brothers, and their families, and the 26th with my Mom’s side in Omaha with my cousins.  I even got to help get some cattle in that got out on Christmas!!!  Man, the joys of home :) I also made a flying trip with  Elizabeth, who flew in from Michigan, to Colorado where we met up with mutual friends we met in Europe, and I enjoyed coffee and snow shoeing with Ada, one of my best friends from college, whom I spent a whole 30 hours with on the trip!!!  It was a fast trip, but really encouraging and worth the 16 hours of driving :)  I was able to enjoy time working out with my Mom, fixing fence with my Dad, watching Toy Story 3 with my niece and nephews, and time with my Scramps at the nursing home.  I ended up celebrating a quiet New Years Eve at home by drinking a Belgian beer with my dad, reflecting on the year 2010, and heading to bed shortly after midnight.  It was a great time at home as always and tough to get back on a plane for Europe, but after almost 5 years of leaving, the goodbyes are still hard. But I was excited for a new adventure in year 2011!!!!
Christmas with Mom (Ahlborg side) of family
Snowshoeing with Ada!!!
Ada, Corrine, Elizabeth and I in Winter Park, Colorado
Yumiko, Ada, Elizabeth and I in Winter Park!!!




Brother Brett, Nephew Brodie, Mom, Me, and Brother Ben
Christmas Eve for Village Inn pie with Dad and Grandpa Bob!


Christmas Day with Dad (Wilkins side) of family. 

No comments: